Re: [OM] Doro's Delightful Day in Dresden

Subject: Re: [OM] Doro's Delightful Day in Dresden
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:21:55 +0100
iwert schrieb:

ok, I've thawed out and eaten a little...

How do you like the system after handling it, compared to the OM?

I took my OM4 w 2/90 and tried a few shots for comparison.
I still like my OM better...
because I don't have to care about any menue, batteries, CF Card...
*But
I do like the E1 very much.

(manual focussing? viewfinder? sound?...?)

I had hold the S2, D60 and 10D and the E1 is just the best for my taste. Exactly as we're used it - very ergonomic design. It's easy to handle and you don't waste time looking for the right menue if you want to change a setting. Of course you have to go into it a little to set your basic preferences. The viewfinder is bright and clear, manual focussing is easy. I had to get used to the fact that there is no end to focussing though, because you don't actually focus, you just turn the ring and the information is being processed. Sound? Very quiet. It really is a very nice camera... The macro is great, the 50-200 is very sharp, the 300 is just tooooo heavy (3,6 kilo), but w flash it *is possible to handhold. Not for long though :)

And did they show you the OM-adapter in a dark corner of the boat?

Well....the guy from Olympus will certainly remember me :))
The picture that we could see actually *is fake. But it is technically possible to build such a thing and obviously some people somewhere at Olympus tried it. But Olympus will definetely not produce it. Why not? Well, there is this *no compromise* thing. They don't want to encourage using the *old Zuikos because the resolution of the Zuiko Digitals is supposed to be so much better. And they consider the market of active professionell OM Users is too small.

And am I curious about the interesting information?
(Oly giving a rebate of 100,- Euros if you trade in an OM?)

;)
There will be another big company joining the 4/3 group within 2 weeks.
He couldn't tell us which one of course ;)

So if you feel warm again can you enlighten us a bit more?

It's all I can think of right now - I'm still tired...

(do you want one, now?)

I wouldn't mind being given one as a present, now :)
I can wait. I still think I'll have a lot of fun with my OM (and Arax 6x6). But eventually I will add digital and I'm pretty sure it will be an Olympus E System. The feeling and the colours and the possibilities are great.

Cheers
:Doro