Re: [OM] thinking of trading ONE OM1n for a compact RF.. ideas?

Subject: Re: [OM] thinking of trading ONE OM1n for a compact RF.. ideas?
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:07:37 +1000
You might also look at the Yashic@ GSN with 45/1.7 lens, as they were very
common and often go cheap on the auction site. A 6v volt battery can be
easily adapted with a bit of rolled up aluminum foil, and works perfectly
and safely in them. I have a GSN that is absolutely in like new condition,
with case, that I got for less than $30. But I really never use it, not
because it doesn't take excellent sharp pictures, but because, well, it's
not olympus :-) Also, it is has no manual setting, and who wants their
pictures to come out perfectly all the time? :-)
Wayne

www.yashicaguy.com has details on models plus a very neat little battery adaptor for about $15 including the battery! Yashica had the wit to design a circuit that works at any voltage from about 4-6.5V and they are very nice to use in terms of results and handling. Perhaps the best pf&s I ever had. There was even a late, compact model.
AndrewF