Re: [OM] Problem with OM2n

Subject: Re: [OM] Problem with OM2n
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:06:24 -0700
Tom,

Have you tried a different winder? It could be the winder that is the problem and not the camera.

The simple solution is to get a replacent MD cap. beljanmfg sells thesm on ebay. Both chrome: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2959353532&category=15239 <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2959353532&category=15239>and black http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2959353514&category=15239 <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2959353514&category=15239> are available witha BIN price of 16.25. I have bought a couple fo the chrome ones from them, and if there is any differece between them and the orginals it would be that the beljan ones appear a little better made than the orginal MD cap!

PS, I would get a couple as they are fairly easy to lose if you regularily use a MD or winder.

Jim Couch

Tom Murphy wrote:

Hi John,

The problem only seems to occur with a winder attached. Shutter fires ok at all speeds without winder but as I said the motor drive/winder cap is missing so I need a winder attached to prevent light fogging.

Would this be costly to repair?

Tom