Re: [OM] thinking of trading ONE OM1n for a compact RF.. ideas?

Subject: Re: [OM] thinking of trading ONE OM1n for a compact RF.. ideas?
From: Ian Nichols <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:32:10 +0100

--On 21 October 2003 15:02 -0700 Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:41:06 -0700, Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

ok so that takes the rollei out, leaving really, the RD and SP olys.
comments on those? I won't bother getting an rf unless it's had a CLA, my
gear had it two years ago.

I don't think anyone has yet mentioned the Yashica Lynx series. These are more bulky than a 35RD (my personal fave, as some of you may recall - see the TOPEs on self portraits, night scenes & portraits) but less of a brick than the Canon QL17 GIII. I don't bother with the internal metering on any of them though, preferring to use a handheld meter.

Oh yes, and the Lynx 14 is about the only fixed-lens compact RF you'll find that opens up to f/1.4!

Though I hate to admit it, they're less fragile than a 35RD too.