Re: [OM] Demise of a Landmark

Subject: Re: [OM] Demise of a Landmark
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:25:58 +0930
Likewise here in Adelaide, I remember as a small child coming down
Montefiore Hill on Torrens road from North Adelaide & seeing the
Brompton 'gasometer' in the distance. I had occasion to drive down the
side street last week, & saw the pit it used to sit in throught the
gasworks fence. My understanding is that the seal was in fact the pit
full of water... I was about 5 or 6 years of age when Adelaide made the
conversion to natural gas, & the gasometer was 'retrenched'...

Must take a photo of the area before it is converted into high-density
housing, like the rest of the suburb...

davidt