Re: [OM] two more 300/2.8 questions

Subject: Re: [OM] two more 300/2.8 questions
From: "Jeffrey Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:07:48 -0700

Interesting ... mine does not provide a firm stop. They must have changed how they do the detent. The ring that sets the detent can be locked into position but the focus ring is not affected other than feeling the detent as it turns past it. I'll bet your's is newer than mine.
-jeff

From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>

Mine works that way too, but if you tighten it a bit more, it acts
as a firm stop, which I find more useful in some situations.
Sometimes in the heat of battle, the detent goes undetected and
can be overrun.