Re: [OM] Panorama Shots (QTVR) using OM-system

Subject: Re: [OM] Panorama Shots (QTVR) using OM-system
From: Skip Williams <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:51:28 -0500
The one-shot methods are interesting, but IMO fall down when you have to print
the image.  The conical mirror introduces distortions that can't be corrected.

I believe that the best way to do 360 degree panoramas is still to stitch
individual pictures together.  That is since I don't have $11,000 for a
Roundshot camera.

I use PTGUI (www.ptgui.com for $40) with PanoTools (free), which is still one
of the top package combinations for stitching.  There's a good list of Panorama
Tools related links on this page:
http://www.skipwilliams.adahost.com/local/panorama_links.htm.

PanoGuide (www.panoguide.com) has good references, but I don't know how
up-to-date it is.

www.panoramas.dk has a good gallery of panoramas.

Skip

Please reply to [skipwilliams at pobox.com]
Direct responses to the email address on the header may get lost