Re: [OM] Panorama Shots (QTVR) using OM-system

Subject: Re: [OM] Panorama Shots (QTVR) using OM-system
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:52:43 +0200
on 22-09-2003 16:25, Alexander Schrieken at alx@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Rather than taking a series of photographs
> covering the full 360 degrees of the panorama and
> stiching those together using the appropriate
> software, I decided to go with the EyeSee 360.
> Essentially a parabolic mirror which reflects
> everything surrounding the camera into the lens,
> for a visual of the apparatus look here:
>
> <http://www.kaidan.com/Detail.bok?no=101>
>
> Since I am not yet ready to buy a new (digital)
> camera I want to use this device with my OM-F
> (OM-30) and zuiko lenses. Sadly however, my first
> efforts haven't brought the desired results...

> Alexander
> the Netherlands

You could also buy a zuiko 8mm f2.8:)
cheaper than the EyeSee 360?

But for the eyesee you could try the 135mm f4.5 macro, or maybe also a 90
macro...
It goes up until f45 for a huge DOF, but you probably also need something to
keep the Eyesee very fixed at the fixed distance. at f45 exposure times will
be long so any vibration has effect on sharpness, I also recommend 50 asa
film for as minimal grain as possible.
If you are not too far from Maastricht, you can come and visit me and use my
135 macro...

Iwert.