Re: [OM] New E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] New E-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:02:51 -0700
Yeah, those prosumer digicams are sure tempting. Just be aware that they have even smaller sensors and will have a lot of DOF. Good much of the time. Bad when you want a selective focus zone.

When I last perused them, the Nik*n 5700 looked better than the 717 to me, but I can't remember why anymore. Oly content, their prosumer cameras don't have long enough zooms. Why doesn't that 10x optical IS zoom from the 2100uz reappear with more megapixels?

I bought a Sony 7 transistor radio in Japan in 1960 that still worked last time I tried it when it was at least 30 years old. Not even sure where it is now.

Moose

Lama (Jim L*Hommedieu) wrote:

<snip>
I'm sorry, guys.  To me it looks like the ZLR-like
Sony 717 is in my future rather than either
interchangable SLR.  Maybe not.  I mean, if I cannot
keep the automation, why would I spend more to be able
to bolt on a different lens?