Re: [OM] Quick Poll, What supplements your OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] Quick Poll, What supplements your OM?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 03:15:50 -0500
At 07:59 PM 9/1/03, Albert asked:
I am just curious, as I am sure almost everybody has something other than their OM.

So I was wondering, do you have:

1)  Digital

No. (should be obvious by now)

2)  Medium Format

Yes:
M645j and M645-1000S with metered prism finder and three lenses: 80/2.8, 150/4 and 50/4 shift lens (the shift is a mondo beast).

3)  Large Format

No.

4)  Another 35mm system

Yes:
Zeiss Ikon Contax IIIa with 50/1.5 lens and Rollei 35S. Not really "systems" (even though the Contax lens is interchangeable) but other cameras and I use them both although not as often as the OM SLR's.

Brian Swale hit on it well. Think about how to make the best photograph you can from each subject with whatever you have on hand at the time . . . to tell the "story" about it and convey something you believe is important about the subject material to others. It can be straightforward or abstract. The most difficult aspect of photography that requires the most discipline is thinking about how to present a particular subject in a photographic image to others.

Every picture tells a story; some tell it better than others.

-- John