Re: [OM] Quick Poll, What supplements your OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] Quick Poll, What supplements your OM?
From: "Daniel Sepke" <fred42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 21:37:42 -0400
Hey,

I have not got into serious digital as it is too volatile a market yet. I am
considering a film scanner as I can see the advantages of digital editing of
images once acquired. We have a P&S Sony digital that my wife and I use way
more than the APS  I made the mistake of buying.

I have wandered into MF with the Mamiya C series TLR's. I got lucky with a
warranty exchange at Jessop's in the UK, they replaced a faulty early 70's
unit with a much better late 80's one. I also scored a 55mm in exchange for
the 80mm that the first camera had. I don't get it out as much as I really
feel I should. But it has produced some great images with the few rolls I
have put through it. The Edinburgh Military Tattoo last year yielded some
fun fireworks shots. I would like to get another lens for it eventually.

That is far as I have taken it so far. I get to shoot maybe a few times a
month so it is in the realm of hobby-dom at this stage. I got into Olympus
as my father has been a user of his first OM-1 since the late 70's. He
taught me how to take pictures on that camera and I have my own one now.
Since leaving home last year I have built up my selection of lenses to see
what works best for me, landscapes and macro work appeals to me more that
wildlife shooting. I enjoy the fact that I can get a selection of lenses now
for sometimes sane money. But the collectors are starting to push up things
a little, it frustrates me when usable kit gets put on a shelf and
considered an investment. But I guess I am preaching to the choir on that
one :)

Dan.