Re: mp3 was Re: [OM] negative films, minilabs, etc.........

Subject: Re: mp3 was Re: [OM] negative films, minilabs, etc.........
From: c andrew chadwick <chadwick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 21:51:18 -0400 (EDT)
So here's the story as I think it happened.

My Q-ray 35-80/4 (purchased for dirt cheap via auction), over the course
of a road trip, got insanely jealous of the Nik*or 18-28 that I was
periodically borrowing from a friend during the course of the trip.  It
decided that it would rather be free of my cheating, tyrannical reign than
live, and rolled itself right over a nice steep cliff.  It was truly
tragic.

the cliff - right where this guy is sitting.
http://dancebutdontmosh.com/iknowhowtouseascanner/print/daveissohunky3.jpg

and our reaction as the lens dropped, caught by a perfectly-timed teeny
little digital.
http://freshmaker.mit.edu/roadtrip/lensdying.jpg

andrew