Re: [OM] negative films, minilabs, etc.........

Subject: Re: [OM] negative films, minilabs, etc.........
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:53:07 -0700
Ya really are shooting for that top curmudgean spot!  :-)

All that is why I have my film developed by a local shop with a spotless reputation. I've never had any scratches or other marks on my negs, and I look. Last week, they were taking extra time for processing. I asked why. Their developer was working, but they weren't sure it was right, so they were handling the work through the machine at their other shop until they could have it checked out. OK so they cost a bit more than some places, but I think I get what I pay for. Those who use sloppy minilabs get what they pay for too.

Moose

andrew fildes wrote:

True Moose but...
I have occasionally had a mini-lab do a process and print for me, using the enprints as proofs, and then gone on to scan the negs. It is amazing what disappears between dev and print - negs that had chemical stains, scratches and godwhat produced quite acceptable prints over the counter<snip>