Re: [OM] Be afraid. Be very afraid

Subject: Re: [OM] Be afraid. Be very afraid
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:25:53 -0700
John: It might work with the 3040, you'll just have to try it to be sure. The way it works on the Coolpix, I zoom the lens to maximum tele and manual focus on infinity. Then I do the actualy focusing by moving either the camera or the platform to which the bug is affixed. It's sort of a fixed magnification setup. You can "zoom out" a little bit by manually focusing the camera closer and then repositioning the subject. Zooming the digicam lens doesn't really work, it just makes the vignetting worse.

You can try it with different camera lenses as closeup lenses. The shorter the lens, the greater the magnification, but the more danger of vignetting.

I think it works best when the "closeup" lens is as close to the camera lens as you can get it.

Hope this helps!
--Peter