Re: [OM] Be afraid. Be very afraid

Subject: Re: [OM] Be afraid. Be very afraid
From: "John O Regan" <joreg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:13:01 +0100
Thanks Peter, I'll give it a try when I get the bits. They're not
particularly expensive, but I'm watching every penny at the moment.

> You can try it with different camera lenses as closeup lenses.  The
shorter
> the lens, the greater the magnification, but the more danger of
vignetting.

Don't quite understand that, but I'll take your word for it - and I'll try
them all when I get the bits.

> I think it works best when the "closeup" lens is as close to the camera
> lens as you can get it.

This makes sense, because you increases the angle that the iris gives to the
DC as you bring it closer. I knew there had to be a good reason for getting
that 50/1.2.

> Hope this helps!
> --Peter

Thanks again