Re: [OM] Be afraid. Be very afraid

Subject: Re: [OM] Be afraid. Be very afraid
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:12:42 -0400
Peter said:
I zoom the lens to maximum tele and manual focus on infinity.  Then I do
the actualy focusing by moving either the camera or the platform to
which the bug is affixed.  It's sort of a fixed magnification setup.
---------------------
With the DC focused on infinity the camera will want to view an object
that appears to be at inifinity also.  If you're using a Zuiko as the
supplementary lens set its focus to infinity.  Then place the object to
be photographed where the film plane would normally be relative to the
Zuiko...ie; 46mm behind the back of the lens mount.  If both lenses are
coupled and focused at infinity then it doesn't matter which Zuiko you
are using.  The image will always be in focus when it's 46mm from the
back of the mount.

If you move the object to be photographed farther than 46mm from the
back of the Zuiko's mount then the image will be projected at a distance
less than infinity and the focus of the DC will have to be changed to
compensate.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA