Re: My XA review: was Re: [OM] oly point and shoot

Subject: Re: My XA review: was Re: [OM] oly point and shoot
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 17:19:01 -0400
Yeah, at the time of release, it probably decided on 4 seconds for example.
When you moved, it coincided with the time-out.

Here's how I know:
I moved the aperture lever to "Flash" which does 3 things:
1. Pops up the flash's "ready" light and begins charging.

2.  Sets the lens to f4.  (Notice that the aperture lever is above f/2.8, in
the Flash setting, yet the diapharam is at f4.

3.  Fixes the shutter speed.

When I moved the aperture lever to f8, the auto-exposure in the XA came back to
life, deciding on a 2 second exposure based on f8 in
my kitchen with ISO 400.  Even though the flash gave an auto-exposure, the
shutter still took about 2 seconds to time out.

Lama

From: "Daniel Mitchell"