Re: My XA review: was Re: [OM] oly point and shoot

Subject: Re: My XA review: was Re: [OM] oly point and shoot
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 11:18:33 -0700
Chris Barker wrote:

... you don't have to have f4 with the flash; once you have switched the flash on you can move the aperture.

Yes, but the flash isn't TTL, it reads with its own light cell, and it still thinks the lens is at f4 and will expose for f4, so you need to think out film speed, flash setting, etc. Probably a good way to reduce overexposure of light faces is casual indoor shots.

... Doris Fang sent me, in Nov 2000, a guide for using the A16/11 for fill flash. I can email it to you if you like - unless you have lost faith completely already.

I'd be interested in a copy.

Moose