[OM] Weekend at Bernnie's

Subject: [OM] Weekend at Bernnie's
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:04:07 -0700 (PDT)
Well, the holiday took me back to my old stomping grounds in the
good old state of Meeechigan. (yes, I'm from the west shore).

Anyway, I got to do some four-wheeling (manditory SUUV content)
in the forest.  Dad had his truck, I had our new Grand Cherokee,
and we stuffed as many family members as were interested in and
went two-tracking.  Had a riot.  Did gain a nice dent in the
rear bumper when I accidently backed into a tree trying to get
out of a very tight spot.  Strange thing, I don't remember it
being that tough going forward through those trees.  Got some
pictures of the jeep clearing a nasty ravine climb.  That tree,
though, just got up out of the ground and jumped right behind
the Jeep.

Next day, we went to the airshow.  Got to see the Blue Angels
again.  It's been 34 years since I've seen them.  Pretty
impressive.  However, the CF-18 demo was the most entertaining.
I've seen dozens of Pitts Specials hanging by the prop, but I've
never seen a fighter do it before.  Some intake on that beast.
He had it nearly stationary and nearly vertical.  The F-14 pilot
that opened the Friday show got immediately grounded and will
probably fly a desk for a while after he did a 360 less than
fifty feet off the tarmac and then buzzed the crowd.  Show
Control grounded him on-the-spot.

Going back home, the traffic was backed up all the way to
Valiparaiso.  When the traffic reports happen to even mention
I-80/90 you know it's going to be tough.  We skittled down to
US-30 to bypass the mess.  It took us one hour and 58 minutes to
bypass the two hour traffic jam.

We watched a storm develop to our north which was incredible.
Within 20 minutes it went from nothing to "act-of-God" omminous.
 Hail, rain, the whole ball of wax.  Later, as we were cruising
towards Iowa we watched the most incredible sunset. We even
pulled off the highway to get pictures.  I have some seriously
cool storm/sunset pictures now.

AG-Schnozz