Re: [OM] oly point and shoot

Subject: Re: [OM] oly point and shoot
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:00:53 +0200
Hi all,

Moose wrote:

> The basic Epic is widely available for $80. Two examples are John H. and
> my local camera store.

I find the mjuII (Stylus Epic) much better designed and more reliable than the
mjuI ("basic" Epic). My mjuI died after only a few years. Light meter does not
work anymore, selftimer is dead, the clamshell cover is stuck and there is a
light leak through the back. Total write off, but I must admit that it might be
due to heavy use on bike trips, boats etc. The subsequently bought mjuII seems
to do better. Besides, the lens is sharper and the spot metering very useful.
What I do not like about this camera is the fact that it seems to have a
priority on shutter speed rather than DOF. Apart from this, the mjuII is made
for all the occasions where your OM's are too big, valuable or indiscrete to
carry.

Best regards,

Bernd