Re: [OM] oly point and shoot

Subject: Re: [OM] oly point and shoot
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:38:52 -0700
Well, I was just going on remembered impressions, as I don't have an Epic. Based on the dimensions you give, the cubic volume of the XA is 263 cc and the Epic is 243 cc, so I was perhaps technically correct by accident. (Of course neither is a cube, so true volumes are smaller.) However, it's a bit of an apples and oranges thing, as the Epic has flash built in. The XA with flash is significantly larger. So lets call it a tie for non-flash use, but the Epic wins indoors.

Moose

Daniel Mitchell wrote:

Are you SURE that a Stylus Epic is smaller than an XA without the
flash?

XA 102x64.5x40, Stylus Epic 109.2x58.4x38.1 -- so it depends on which sizes
you're measuring.. The XA is a lot less rounded off, too, which makes it
hard to judge by eye.