Re: [OM] Macro Flash Shoe Ring question

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro Flash Shoe Ring question
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 17:09:27 -0400
Jeff,
I don't think anyone's yet mentioned about the T32's "point-down" mode.

Maybe it's common knowledge so everyone skipped it.  Under the chin of the
flash tube is a thin slide.  Move it to one side and you
can tip the tube down about 15 degrees.

For closeups, you could also put the Wide Diffusor (for 24mm wide angle lens)
on there.

Maybe it would be wise to get the T32 off the camera all together but I think
that's already been covered.

If you don't have a TTL cord,
remember that you can always dial it down to "Quarter-powered manual" mode (52
on the calculator).  You'll have to move the flash
off the camera on a flash cord but at least you  can get it done without the
expense and wait of buying a TTL cord.

Another way to directly light downward would be to direct it upward instead.
Bouncing it off the ceiling is what I mean.

Lama