Re: [OM] Please critique my macros

Subject: Re: [OM] Please critique my macros
From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:02:18 -0600
> Two points that have nothing to do with the photographs in se :
> The server is rather slow, maybe you could help a bit by saving as
> progressive jpg's, then people watching your page will see a rough
> photo first, and gradually it gets finer.

 Actually, progressive jpegs just fill in from the top down (non-progressive
jpegs appear all at once). Progressive GIFs start with an 8-times-smaller
version then fill in line-by-line, and PNGs are progressive in 2D, but IE
has dreadful (no) PNG support.

>  > http://www.danielmitchell.net/gal/Photography/ringflash
> Hey, this looks like a nice toy, where did you get it ?

 Weirdly, the only link I can find to this is by googling the archives of
this very list, which leads to
http://www.turekcamera.com/prodSLRAccessories.htm which is now dead -- but
their site's still alive, so if you contact them and ask about the
particular flash, they might be able to help. If I remember, it was about
CDN$20 or so, a _lot_ cheaper than a real ringflash.

 -- dan