Re: [OM] Please critique my macros

Subject: Re: [OM] Please critique my macros
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 08:44:14 -0600
At 02:22 PM 7/12/2003 +0800, Albert wrote:
I cannot find the slowdown... and it's upsetting me. Are there pauses and lags, or it loads continously, but just slowly??

Also, remember, I am only pushing 64kbit up, fro my adsl at home..

Grr..  I'm fairly bitter about this..

Albert:

I suspect it's almost all due to the 64Kb line you're using -- as well as all the various hops along the way. In one of your previous messages you thought that Apache was slow, and I've always found Apache to be quite fast. Hmmmm. I've found that sometimes your pages load slowly but smoothly, and other times there are bursts. I'd relax about it if I were you -- as long as you've only got 64Kb upload capability, nothing much you do on the server side is going to help...

Garth

P.S.: Glad you liked the 1-13 screen. Also puzzled as to why you can't e-mail me directly -- you were certainly able to prior to my sending the screen to you!