Re: [OM] As seen on the bay

Subject: Re: [OM] As seen on the bay
From: Steve Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 22:34:53 -0500

C.H.Ling wrote:

Here in Hong Kong I think there is less than 1/10 of family has a soldering
iron (could be much less than that). I just made a small survey to four
electronics engineers in my department only two of them have soldering iron
at home.

I would guess that all four of those electronics engineers have access to a soldering iron at work, and could bring a small project in, or check out the iron overnight.

I would really hope that they all are capable of using one properly, but my brother (an electrical engineer) says that's not always the case. He maintains that the engineers are hired because they have a degree, and it's the technicians who are hired because they actually do know how to solder.

I'll bet you don't even have a weed whacker, or a chain saw,
Moose

Or the need to use the above so your home doesn't look like a jungle.

Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa