RE: [OM] As seen on the bay

Subject: RE: [OM] As seen on the bay
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:58:54 -0400
Author Robert A. Heinlein once wrote that "all human beings should be able to
change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, write a sonnet, balance
accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
orders, co-operate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch
manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die
gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

And yes, I have a soldering iron with which I am very inept. Anything worth
doing is worth doing badly.

tOM

On Friday, June 13, 2003 at 13:56
C.H.Ling <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here in Hong Kong I think there is less than 1/10 of family has a soldering
> iron
> (could be much less than that). I just made a small survey to four electronics
> engineers in my department only two of them have soldering iron at home. I
> have
> one since I was thirteen. I had over four soldering irons and now keeping a
> very
> good 100W one with electronic temperature regulation and three different size
> tips, the smallest one is good enough to hand solder a 25u QFP :-) Obviously
> not
> many people here can do a simple assembly work like the mini phone jack cable.
>
> You are right, I can't afford any large size tool, can only handle very
> small mechanical works :-)
>
> C.H.Ling

---------
2003 Jun 28-30 in Ottawa:
http://www.CanadianCameraConference.ca
tOM Trottier,   ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115 N45.412 W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980