RE: [OM] As seen on the bay

Subject: RE: [OM] As seen on the bay
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:56:44 +0800
Here in Hong Kong I think there is less than 1/10 of family has a soldering
iron (could be much less than that). I just made a small survey to four
electronics engineers in my department only two of them have soldering iron
at home. I have one since I was thirteen. I had over four soldering irons
and now keeping a very good 100W one with electronic temperature regulation
and three different size tips, the smallest one is good enough to hand
solder a 25u QFP :-) Obviously not many people here can do a simple assembly
work like the mini phone jack cable.

You are right, I can't afford any large size tool, can only handle very
small mechanical works :-)

C.H.Ling