Re: [OM] As seen on the bay

Subject: Re: [OM] As seen on the bay
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 09:43:14 +0930
A few years ago Tandy here was sold to Woolworths -a large supermarket
chain, with a variety arm (BigW) which I gather is like WalMart. Another
electronics shop, Dick Smith Electronics  (geared toward the hobbyist by
it's founder Dick Smith - the guy who had a fake iceberg towed into
Sydney Harbour as an april fools day joke) was also bought by Woolies.

At the moment they still have their respective storefronts, but DSE are
starting to keep the Genexxa & Optimus brands. Unfortunately, it appears
both are now having policy made by people who have no idea, & care even
less, about the difference between a 1.5k & a 1.8k resistor, (let's drop
the 'slow moving' lines, guys...) Both stores are now phasing out the
'parts' side & I can see that very soon both will be one consumer
electronics store... (*sob* *sniffle*)

davidt

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 01:44:30PM -0500, Steve Goss wrote:  P.S. Tandy