Re: [OM] Ap prefire question

Subject: Re: [OM] Ap prefire question
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:53:07 +0800
Moose,

My gf's uncle, is a photographer.. Or actually, he's more of a "equipmentphile" than a photographer..

He's got a Leica and hassy setup.. I'm somehow, (without seeing any of his pictures, am suppose to be impressed).

I was laughed at as a "mere boy who is just playing with toys and not serious photographic equipment" because I own an OM instead of a Leica or Hassey. Bah!

I said, I understand and recognize why Leica's take good pictures. I see a lot of advantages to them. But the fact that I can't really slap on a 14mm or a 400mm, really limits it's abilities. With a Hassy, well, again, I have seen great pics from one, as I have seen horrible pics from one. So mere name dropping, doesn't really impress me all that much.

But that's not why I brought it up. I am still looking for an MF Rangefinder.. And am trying to learn more about them. There is less info about advantages of RF's as far as MF's are concerned, but a wealth (from Leicaphiles) about why RF's have advantages...

And as far as I'm concerned, since my entire system costs LESS than just one of his lenses in either system, let me see.. I can buy an OM system, or a leica lens with no body.. That's a tough choice..

Albert