Re: [OM] Body Cap with a hole, is pinhole "lens"?

Subject: Re: [OM] Body Cap with a hole, is pinhole "lens"?
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 11:10:12 -0400
I made a pinhole camera with the "objective" about 1" from the film plane.

I poked a hole in aluminum foil and mounted it on a cardboard tube (okay, it
was a toilet paper roll!)

I made 4 film guides with pushpins, and loaded it with a 90mm stip of Tri-X.
It worked but I was only able to make a contact print
24mm x 90 mm.  It's probably just as well because even at that size it was
blurry and of course, the cylindrical shape of flat film
plane gave me additional distortion.

Fun and recommended if you like to make stuff.  Mine had a 1/4" x 20 nut on the
bottom so I could mount it on a tripod.  I looked up
the exposure which was about 2 minutes in full sunlight at EI 400.

There's not way I'd poke a hole in a perfectly good body cap though.

Lama