Re: [OM] Body Cap with a hole, is pinhole "lens"?

Subject: Re: [OM] Body Cap with a hole, is pinhole "lens"?
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 08:36:04 -0700
Tom Albright wrote:
Anybody ever done this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2932027480&category=30077

I doesn't exaclty look "pinhole", more like a little slab of glass.  Can't
tell.  I could save money with a $10 body cap and some smart work with a
dremel tool, though.

I have a pinhole body cap on one of my OM-4 bodies right now. I
used copper sheet and a silk pin (extra-fine, extra-sharp pins
used for sewing with fine silk). Works great but I don't have any
scans from it.

I built it as a demo in my photography class, so the students
would all be able to build their own if they could find an extra
body cap. Plus it's an SLR pinhole, unlike the pinhole cameras we
were making from cardboard boxes, so they could see the image on
the ground glass. (Needs a focusing hood to see well with that
dim an image, but it does work.)

--
Joshua Putnam, Putnam Financial Services
Voice: 206/992-2296   Fax: 425/793-3623