[OM] Vivitar Autofocus for OM, may sell or trade

Subject: [OM] Vivitar Autofocus for OM, may sell or trade
From: "Tom Albright" <n5ksk3@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 14:06:57 -0500
I'm considering letting one go... I have an autofocus lens for OM, made by
Vivitar.

On the lens:  "28-70mm 1:3.5-4.8 AUTO FOCUS ZOOM".  Also great macro.  I
have both caps, it is in perfect condition cosmetically and operationally.
I thought when I bought it I would find more use for it, but would prefer a
35-70 or similar.

The catches:  Autofocus *by design* is only out to 10 feet.  There is no
manual focus.  It's a "birthday party" lens.  However, it renders very,
very, sharp images throughout the focus range, and at infinity.  Also, I
"fixed" the aperture ring... one of the levers in the mount was bent when I
got it, and in the process of repairing it dropped that $!&* microscopic
detent ball bearing.  SO, aperture setting is continuous!  Ring is fairly
stiff, so it doesn't move unless you want it to.

Sell?  Trade?  Trash? (ha!)

Respond on-list for clarification, off-list for offers.

Thanks!

Tom