Re: [OM] OT: where to stay in the State of Washington

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: where to stay in the State of Washington
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 18:36:13 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, 27 May, 2003 06:15 PM

> Gee, my eldest son is getting ready to move out shortly,  and I live a
scant
> hour's drive from Steven's Pass...
>
> You neglected to mention when.  I'd probably say your initial inclination
> stay up around Deception Pass is a good one.  La Conner is a lovely little
> town up that general direction with very nice B&B facilities, good food,
and
> adequate access to the N. Cascades and the islands.  A couple of months
ago
> it would have been prime time for tulip viewing.
>
> Keep us informed.  Maybe it's time to think about trying to pull off a
> regional get together.  It's been talked about from time to time, never
been
> able to successfully make it go.  Again, keep us informed of your plans.
>
> Also, where is it you're going to be coming from?  What are you 'used to'
in
> your home environs?

My wife and I once stayed at a place called Concrete which is 10 or 20 miles
east of the I 5 on Highway 20 [ 20 ?? ...] . From there you could go hiking
on the south side of Mount Baker and in the surrounding areas. Also, you
would be in close proximity to La Conner which as Jim said is
a pretty little town on the coast and quite photogenic. All of the images at
http://www.hudsonphoto.ca/flowers03.html were taken in the La Conner bulb
and flower fields on 23 April 2002.

John Hudson