Re: [OM] Lense evaluation

Subject: Re: [OM] Lense evaluation
From: "Jamie Costello" <jcostel1168@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 17:18:01 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Boris Grigorov"
Subject: [OM] Lense evaluation

<My fellow Olympians,
<I would like to report to you that in recent weeks, I have <aquired two
lenses from that awful site.  Today, I am <going to give you a report on the
first purchase.
<It is a brand new Sigma 24-70 f4.5-5.6 UC <Aspherical....

<snip>

Boris:

You are right.   Although we occasionally lapse into
"It's-nothing-if-it's-not-Zuiko (or Tokina ATX ... or Tamron SP ... or Viv
Ser. 1, or ...)", there ARE other lenses out there.  Our beloved Zuikos are
old ... nice designs for sure, but aging.   My understanding is that they
use low-dispersion glass and asph designs verrrry sparingly.   I have seen
some absolutely wonderful photos with Sigma lenses.  A local camera repair
place here complains that they see more Sigma lenses with autofocus
problems.  On our OM's though, this isn't a problem.   Enjoy your find ... I
would.

Jamie
Fort Myers, FL