Re: [OM] Lense evaluation

Subject: Re: [OM] Lense evaluation
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 14:12:10 -0700
Ok, Boris, I admit to being confused, or are Boris Grigov and Grigov, Boris 2 different list members?

1. I don't recall being proud of a fang lately and haven't bought any Sigma lens in at least a year, must be somebody else.

2&3. OK, you do or don't have an miJ 50/1.8. You do understand when we refer to miJ, we mean the last version, where the serial number moved from the front ring to the back of the mount and the 'made in Japan' moved from mount to front ring, compared to all previous versions?

4. Somebody else again. I have mostly lower tier High End audio equipment except for speakers, which were Stereophole Class A (limited bass) before they demoted them to Class B when more expensive stuf from the same manufacturer sounded even better. Kinda weird logic, I thought, since the rest of the stuff inn those 2 classes didn't move, but I like the speakers anyway. And my turntable and arm only cost $1,000 a few years ago, so it can't be much good. Certainly that's good, 'cause I don't have to move it from its perch on top of the equipment cabinet, where it works fine even with the sub-woofers up a bit. Anyway, the point, if there is one, is that I've never before posted anything about audio equipment on this list, so you must be referring to someone else.

General rule: I'm happy to be misattributed when the recipient of any sort of praise and would appreciate misattribution of anything I post that draws criticism to someone else :-) :-)

Moose

Boris Grigorov wrote:

Jamie,
Everything started with the Fang that Moose was so proud with.  I then went to
the Photodo and checked the rating of the 24mm he found and was very high.

Boris Grigorov wrote:

Back to on topic:
I can't argue with your points, because never even held a MIJ in my hands.

Grigorov, Boris wrote:

Moose,
I have two 50/1.8.  Both are multicoated, but one of them is older and or
course, onn of them is the MIJ version.  Up until now, I have been very pleased
with the performance of the new one, especially with C41 T-MAX from Kodak.

Grigorov, Boris wrote:

Moose, Actually I did read it and this reminded me that in the last few years I have not been keeping up with the technology, and also reminded me that I never built that modified QUAD-405, prolly not worth anymore... But it was interesting. No offence about the comments above, right?
Boris