Re: [OM] Lense evaluation

Subject: Re: [OM] Lense evaluation
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 23:37:33 -0700
I didn't think the later Sigma lenses were available in any manual focus mount, len alone Oly. Didn't find one on the web just now.

I think you would like the Vivitar/Phoenix 19-35/3.8-5.6. Same kind of plastic, and very light. Focuses in the same direction as Zuikos, though. Also an excellent performer.

I seem to recall you have an older 50/1.8? The later versions, particularly the miJ version, are really very good. The older ones, particularly the earliest SCs are pretty bad by current standards.

I like zooms for much the same reasons you do and do most of my shooting with them.

Moose

Boris Grigorov wrote:

My fellow Olympians,

I would like to report to you that in recent weeks, I have aquired two lenses from
that awful site.  Today, I am going to give you a report on the first purchase.
<snip>