Re: [OM] OM-4T +/- display blinks

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4T +/- display blinks
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 10:20:20 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 13 May 2003, Joel Wilcox wrote:

> I've observed the behavior some more. There is definitely a difference
> between the centered setting (which is when there is occasional blinking)
> and when it is not (the "+-" being always on when not centered).
>
> Subsequently I've noticed that occasionally in multi-spot mode more stuff
> blinks than should.  For example, SPOT MEMO might blink, and if multiple
> spot readings are in effect, more than just the one spot reading dot might
> be blinking as well.  I can't always force this to happen, but when I have
> reset the system and tried again, I get the same readings, blinking or
> no.  I guess the actual slides will really tell the tale.
>
> Do you suppose these behaviors could all be tied to a dirty ASA dial?  Or
> does it sound like multiple problems to you?

That sounds to be more than just an ASA dial problem, although a simple CLA
could still take care of it.  It could be anything from dirty contacts to a
failing LCD driver board.  Regardless of what the solution is, the body
will need to be sent in for servicing.  I'd take that into account if you're
considering buying this body.
                                -mark