Re: [OM] OM-4T +/- display blinks

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4T +/- display blinks
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 23:23:00 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 12 May 2003, Joel Wilcox wrote:

> The one thing that really doesn't seem right is that the "+/-" thing in the
> display, which indicates the exposure comp dial is, well, either + or
> -.  This "+/-" thing flashes periodically when the exposure comp dial is
> not even in play.  It doesn't stay on, it just flashes a few times.  The
> exposure comp dial appears to work perfectly (judging from my use of it to
> shoot brackets).
>
> If the test roll looks good, I'm inclined to keep the camera, but I do
> wonder if this behavior is some sort of sign of the board's impending death.

The exposure comp dial is a sensitive and sometimes tempermental setting.
If the centre setting isn't dead on you'll get the behaviour you're describing.
It's unlikely there's anything wrong with the board, especially since you
indicate the body is well used.  It's more likely that that dial just needs
to be cleaned and adjusted, something a CLA would take care of.
                                -mark