Re: [OM] OM-4T +/- display blinks

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4T +/- display blinks
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 07:59:33 -0500

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Joel Wilcox wrote:

> The one thing that really doesn't seem right is that the "+/-"

At 11:23 PM 5/12/2003 -0400, Mark Dapoz wrote:

The exposure comp dial is a sensitive and sometimes tempermental setting.
If the centre setting isn't dead on you'll get the behaviour you're describing.
It's unlikely there's anything wrong with the board, especially since you
indicate the body is well used.  It's more likely that that dial just needs
to be cleaned and adjusted, something a CLA would take care of.
                                -mark

Thanks Mark.

I've observed the behavior some more. There is definitely a difference between the centered setting (which is when there is occasional blinking) and when it is not (the "+-" being always on when not centered).

Subsequently I've noticed that occasionally in multi-spot mode more stuff blinks than should. For example, SPOT MEMO might blink, and if multiple spot readings are in effect, more than just the one spot reading dot might be blinking as well. I can't always force this to happen, but when I have reset the system and tried again, I get the same readings, blinking or no. I guess the actual slides will really tell the tale.

Do you suppose these behaviors could all be tied to a dirty ASA dial? Or does it sound like multiple problems to you?

Joel W.