Re: [OM] OM-4T +/- display blinks

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4T +/- display blinks
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 11:01:55 -0400
Have you tried the old friction method of cleaning the contacts?
IE, turn quickly back and forth a bunch of times?

tOM

On Tuesday, May 13, 2003 at 7:59
Joel Wilcox <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've observed the behavior some more. There is definitely a difference
> between the centered setting (which is when there is occasional blinking)
> and when it is not (the "+-" being always on when not centered).
>
> Subsequently I've noticed that occasionally in multi-spot mode more stuff
> blinks than should.  For example, SPOT MEMO might blink, and if multiple
> spot readings are in effect, more than just the one spot reading dot might be
> blinking as well.  I can't always force this to happen, but when I have reset
> the system and tried again, I get the same readings, blinking or no.  I guess
> the actual slides will really tell the tale.
>
> Do you suppose these behaviors could all be tied to a dirty ASA dial?  Or
> does it sound like multiple problems to you?

---------
2003 Jun 28-30 in Ottawa:
http://www.CanadianCameraConference.ca
tOM Trottier,   ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115 N45.412 W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980