Re: [OM] lcd brightness problem

Subject: Re: [OM] lcd brightness problem
From: W Shumaker <omlist@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:09:31 -0500
I have a camera like that as well. I thought it was some contacts
somewhere in the camera. This winter was very dry and the problem
disappeared on its own. However, I suspect my camera display problem
will return in the coming damp weather. If the symptom is individual
segments going dim, the culprit could be corrosion near the LCD
display, where it is easy for water to enter the housing. If it is an
overall brightness and dimness fluctuation, the problem is somewhere
else. Because mine is moisture sensitive, I think something is tending
to short out. If that is the case, there might be a slightly higher
current level. I have noticed that fresh batteries will not last as
long with the camera in storage. Perhaps there is some cleaner that can
be used on the circuits inside the camera to clean and dry them out? I
did open my camera and the circuit boards look different than some of
my earlier OM-4t's. If you do open your camera, it may cost you more
for an official CLA. My camera's serial number is 2227xxx and code in
the film chamber is TNR1 12. Even though the display brightness dims,
the exposure still seems to be unaffected. So, my theory is something
is tending to short out.

Wayne