Re: [OM] lcd brightness problem

Subject: Re: [OM] lcd brightness problem
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:58:44 -0600
W Shumaker wrote:

<snip>

>  Perhaps there is some cleaner that can
> be used on the circuits inside the camera to clean and dry them out?

DO NOT spray anything on it from the outside, whatever you do!  Or from
the inside, for that matter.  If you know how and where to start, you
might clean around the right components on the right circuit board with
solvent on a tissue....

> I did open my camera and the circuit boards look different than some
> of
> my earlier OM-4t's.

4's will all have different circuit boards than the 4t's, unless the
main circuit was replaced after Olympus ran out of the original 4
circuits.  But the basics are all the same.

> If you do open your camera, it may cost you more for an official CLA.

...or you might blow it's brains out, making it worthless....

> Even though the display brightness dims, the exposure still seems to
> be unaffected. So, my theory is something is tending to short out.

Could be -- or might be a bad solder joint, a cracked resistor, or....
Well, the service manual lists lots of possibilities.