[OM] Re: Some comment on digital resolution and Oly 4/3 system

Subject: [OM] Re: Some comment on digital resolution and Oly 4/3 system
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:38:21 -0800
>From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>I dumped all of $125 into getting my OM system..  If you can show me
>digital results that can match My Om1n + 50mm f1.8 + Velvia, and keep it
>under $150, I'll switch to digital today!

No, not today. Wait 18-24 months.

Today, you can get an Olympus D-600L for $150 that cost $1600 about four years
ago. In under two years, you'll be able to get an E-20 for $150 that cost $2000
about two years ago.

It isn't rocket science, it's Moore's Law, a principle that has held true for
over 50 years of solid-state electronics history.

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>