Re: [OM] Camera Frinzy!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera Frinzy!!
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 19:25:07 -0500
At 11:39 2/23/03, you wrote:
At 11:25 PM 2/23/2003 +0800, you wrote:
Why do people (MEN!!) feel the need to compare (and laugh) at other people's cameras? I don't understand that, especially the fact that I shot 6 rolls today, and most only shot 6 shots... Does this just happen to me, or is this common??

Albert

It doesn't happen among serious photographers. It happens among men who think with their glands.

Joel W.

Variation on same theme:

You likely encountered the pretenders and wannabes. I've spotted them occasionally and shun them. Ignore them and do your work. If you are approached by one who says anything denigrating about your gear, tell him you would like to see his portfolio and that you'll bring yours so you can compare how you visualize and approach your work with how he does his, and mutually exchange ideas for future works. Press for a date, time and place.

This silences the pretenders and wannabes. If he really does have a portfolio, then you have an opportunity to discuss what's important: the photographs.

This does require having a portfolio . . . you shouldn't bluff with this strategy . . . if you do and it's "called" you could be badly embarrased.

-- John