RE: [OM] Camera Frinzy!!

Subject: RE: [OM] Camera Frinzy!!
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:43:14 -0700
What and where professionals take pictures is a very interesting subject. I
used to sell quite a few pictures through two local gift shops. In this area
most tourists buy pictures of the Tetons and most other photographs do not
sell very well. I love the mountains and have taken lots of pictures from
vantage points usually seen only by climbers or very ambitious hikers. They
never sold well and I finally discovered why, with a little coaching.
People, especially tourists, want to buy images similar to what they saw, or
could have seen in different weather, from the vantage points they visited.
Other views look too different and have less appeal. A professional needs to
know his or her market and shoot what they can sell. The other stuff they
can do for themselves if they can afford the time.

/jim