[OM] Camera Frinzy!!

Subject: [OM] Camera Frinzy!!
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:25:15 +0800
I went up to the mountains as well as a few flower parks here in Taiwan today. Both were crowded like Time Square in New York. Yep, couldn't walk...

At the flower garden, it was rediculous.. It was a show of cameras. Those with the new whizbang Canon's laughed at those with the older Nikons, who laughed at those who had the p&s's, and one guy came ARMED I'm talking two backpacks, one in front, on in the back, a side pouch, a Leica R8 with a 500mm lens, and a studio tripod... None of them were taking pictures you understand, just walking around, laughing at other people's cameras.. The only person taking pictures besides myself were those with P&S's, and this old man, who had an old Nikon with an 85/f2 micro lens, (Why are Nikon lenses Micro instead of Macro??) and he had a reflector and a tripod, with a cable release, old FM2 body. He was doing serious flower closeups. Other then that, I found it rediculous... If I had a dollar for everytime someone walked by my camera and laughed (Olympus doesn't really exist as a system here in Taiwan) I'd have enough to buy an Om4. Gonna get it developed tomorrow, and see how well I did. The crowds made it hard and almost impossible to get certain shots, and in front of famous landmarks, there were roughly 400+ people in front of every landmark and so getting a shot was nye impossible..

Why do people (MEN!!) feel the need to compare (and laugh) at other people's cameras? I don't understand that, especially the fact that I shot 6 rolls today, and most only shot 6 shots... Does this just happen to me, or is this common??

Albert