Re: [OM] Camera Frinzy!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera Frinzy!!
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:57:38 +0800
I'm about as thick-skinned as it gets, and I am not like some of the photographers I know, you say something bad about their camera, and you'd think you just raped his mother and wife by the way he responds.

I think there's the "curious" (hey, what's that guy got?) which I am always happy with, vs. the "Ha! Mine costs 10x his does!" (Although his pictures are 10x worse). The "wannabes" and posers tend to think the whizbang camera takes the picture, not the photographer. The two that got the most "laughs" were myself and the old man with the Nikon Fm2.

The photo club I hang out at, 1 Contax owner, 1 Olympus owner (me), and the rest, all Hassy and Leica-philes. We usually do photo swaps (will do another one tomorrow!!) and comment on each other's pictures. Most still think I shoot with a Leica as my pictures are sharp as well.

It seems that to certain people, their brand is a religion.. Us?? Zuikoholics? Well... we are "zealots", which also starts with a "Z"...

Albert