RE: [OM] Sunpak 821 Dedicated flash

Subject: RE: [OM] Sunpak 821 Dedicated flash
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:56:50 -0000
Careful John, this could take us into pastures new to rival SUVs.

Over here in UK we have the joys of metric and imperial fittings.  The
imperial female compression fitting will mate with a metric male - but
though the olive is compressed on the pipe, it ain't watertight (but you
don't discover that until you turn the water back on.  An electirc shower.
On the rising main.  P***ing high pressure water.  And the olive is fixed,
so the female fitting is fixed, and you can guess the rest.

It is amazing what string and "Plumber's Mait" will achieve.

Not quite the worst near-disaster, but I can't tell you what that was - (OM
content?) there's no photographic evidence :-)

Piers