Re: [OM] free, etc. Batteries (old)

Subject: Re: [OM] free, etc. Batteries (old)
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 11:31:21 +0100
www.rolleicamera.com

sells MR-9 in the UK - official supplier. The MR-9 reduces the voltage of
the silver cell down to 1.35v as you guessed.

Roger Key

Gareth wrote:

I'm thinking of getting my OM-1n adjusted to take the new silver oxide
cells. Is this MR9 adapter a more viable alternative? Does it mean that
meter readings are still correct when used with the new cells? (I assume
so). Also does anyone know of a UK stockist or a US stockist who is
prepared to ship? I would rather buy this than have my camera taken
apart and away from me for a few days. Thanks!

Best Wishes,
Gareth.

Moose wrote:

> The MR9 adapter adjusts the voltage too, so that no meter adjustment
> is necessary.
>
> Moose
>
> Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:
>
>> The M-1, OM-1, and OM-1n can be converted to use a modern,
>> non-poisonous sliver oxide battery.  I think the meter will need to
>> be recalibrated
>> because the modern battery is slightly lower in voltage.  (1.50
>> versus 1.55, right guys?)  See the photo at the text "MR9 Battery
>> Adapter" at
>> http://www.zuiko.com/sales_motor_macro__flash.htm
>>
>> Why not get a 357 battery for it at the same time?
>>
>> The business is called "Camtech" in New York State (USA) and I
>> recommend them.  Or call 631-424-2121.

Gareth.J.Martin

Research Postgraduate
School of Geographical Sciences
University of Bristol
University Road
Bristol
BS8 1SS

g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
attackwarningred@xxxxxxxxxxx
eclipsing.binary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NE NLCOG - The amateur NLC observing group:
http://freespace.virgin.net/eclipsing.binary