Re: [OM] free, etc. Batteries (old)

Subject: Re: [OM] free, etc. Batteries (old)
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 09:51:03 +0000
I'm thinking of getting my OM-1n adjusted to take the new silver oxide cells. Is this MR9 adapter a more viable alternative? Does it mean that meter readings are still correct when used with the new cells? (I assume so). Also does anyone know of a UK stockist or a US stockist who is prepared to ship? I would rather buy this than have my camera taken apart and away from me for a few days. Thanks!

Best Wishes,
Gareth.

Moose wrote:

The MR9 adapter adjusts the voltage too, so that no meter adjustment is necessary.

Moose

Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

The M-1, OM-1, and OM-1n can be converted to use a modern, non-poisonous sliver oxide battery. I think the meter will need to be recalibrated because the modern battery is slightly lower in voltage. (1.50 versus 1.55, right guys?) See the photo at the text "MR9 Battery Adapter" at
http://www.zuiko.com/sales_motor_macro__flash.htm

Why not get a 357 battery for it at the same time?

The business is called "Camtech" in New York State (USA) and I recommend them. Or call 631-424-2121.

Gareth.J.Martin

Research Postgraduate
School of Geographical Sciences
University of Bristol
University Road
Bristol BS8 1SS

g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
attackwarningred@xxxxxxxxxxx
eclipsing.binary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NE NLCOG - The amateur NLC observing group:
http://freespace.virgin.net/eclipsing.binary